17 June 2009

Weekly Karmic Love Scopes and those who feel I am 'disrespecting' them

It's a very sad state of affairs that I must write a blog about such a silly topic - seriously, I have much more constructive things to spend my time on, but I feel a need to set the record straight so that I may (hopefully) avoid being attacked, threatened, and basically 'disrespected' by my own site visitors in the future!

My websites are a labor of love. My offering the Karmic Scopes for the past 2 years has been a labor of love, one in which has cost me emotionally, energetically, and financially at times. I am NOT A CORPORATION! I am for the most part a one woman show - the entire site including the writing, the horoscopes, the site updates, customer service, rituals, calendars, articles...all of it are the work of me, myself, and I. I have one person who updates the weekly scopes and tarot when I can afford to pay her. It is a tremendous labor particularly in addition to my actual paid work, my clients, my family, my other sites, and my health. I do not have on the weekly scopes or tarot - "Guaranteed free weekly scopes (or tarot)". I have never misrepresented that I will, come rain, shine, hell, or highwater that I will do the horoscopes each and every week. Sometimes I simply can't, physically, mentally, or otherwise! My work can be extremely draining, especially with my neck/spinal injury due to the car accident I was in May 2005...sometimes I am unable to regenerate and focus enough to accomplish all my paid work and the free work. Of course my paid clients must be put first - business is business! Though I have actually been attacked for doing this! LOL See why I feel I must discuss this here publicly? I am 100% certain that if you were my client and I was failing in energy and needed to cut back on something that you would not want it to be your own reading, that you paid me for and trusted me to accomplish on time.

Those of you who know me, have been my clients, have came to the site for the past 8 years know that I do my very best - that I love my work, my clients, and my visitors (whether they ever pay a dime or not). Yet over the years I have been personally attacked by site visitors who become disgruntled if I made a mistake or error on the hundreds of pages of Through Night's Fire or fail to continue offering a service, free or otherwise.

Let me make this clear...I do not welcome threatening emails, emails tearing into me about me 'disrespecting' my visitors by failing to do the free scopes every week, or any other rude or ignorant complaint. I don't take kindly to being called names or threatening language - implied or direct. I DO welcome constructive feedback and having my visitors letting me know when I make errors on the pages. There is a difference between being helpful and being downright mean. I do not need or welcome unsolicited business advice by those who know absolutely nothing about my business or my life. I will not tolerate being treated unfairly, rudely, threatened, or attacked.

Having said all that, the majority of my visitors are lovely, evolved, and loving people who genuinely enjoy and appreciate the site and who get to know me over the years. I am here to be of service but I am not here to be trampled or enslaved. The wise reader/server of humanity knows instinctively that to be of any use to others that they must first take care of themselves. When I am unable to do any of the free services (or even the paid ones!) on the site, it is because I MUST take care of myself or be useless to anyone. It is unfortunate that some do not understand - or CARE - that I am also human and must regenerate. I work hard but when I must rest, I must. That is the nature of my life, the nature of my own astrological chart (which can be found posted on the site).

Regarding the Weekly Karmic Scopes, I have, in the past, asked for donations to help keep them going (it would be nice to at least be able to have enough donations to pay the lady who does the updates for me) and out of 3500 - 5000 visitors I have at the weekend to those pages guess how many donated anything? If you guessed ZERO you certainly win the kewpie doll. Now I am putting up the donation button again. This is my last attempt to keep the Weekly Karmic Love Scopes alive and Free. If no one chooses to donate (and the visitors can choose any amount!) then that will tell me that the scopes aren't all that valuable or appreciated (despite the web traffic to the pages). I will revisit this again in 1 month and at that time determine whether it is worth it for me to continue to offer them...I may elect to go to a paid service or just drop them from my weekly task list. It is now up to you, my visitors, to decide whether you value this service enough to occasionally toss a buck in the kitty to keep it going or not!

With love, light, and blessings,

Dena

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dena,How dissapointing that would feel. I admit I miss your scopes when they're not there but would never consider imposing my will upon you to make you do them when you have stated that you are otherwise occupied or unable, even if you didn't state that. They are after all, free as you say.For the record I have donated a modest amount. Does that mean I get the kewpie doll.. will you make something lovely for it to wear, do it's chart and divine all the magical properties it will impart upon me when I get it... Ok I am just joking there... or illustrating a point? Thank you for continuing to provide the scopes for now and I do hope that they can continue and will offer a donation where I can again in the future. Blessings, Sue

wendy said...

Hi Dena my name is Wendy and I have been a very dedicated visitor to your pages for more than a year. I was startled when I read your blog and I honestly have no words for these individuals that are so unappreciative and ungrateful.

For all this time the Karmic scopes was all I could look forward too. I pay for my monthly scopes, and would like to get personal readings too, but cannot afford it. Your currency is a bit stronger than mine(I am from South Africa). Yes you have readers all over the world Dena!!!

For a very long time I searched and searched for a horoscope site that is precise and truthful and trustworthy, and I could not find it until I met you. I was amazed at how good you are at what you're doing. I could swear at times you knew exactly what I was going through, although you don't know me! Your readings spoke to personally on every level, and that is what is so special about you and your calling Dena. Everyone should appreciate it so much you know.

And for those people complaining about the karmic scopes that does not get updated every week. You are just too proud to admit at how hooked you have become on Dena's work. Admit that it means so much to you and gives you so much guidance every week, that you keep on coming back for more. It leaves you frustrated and totally lost (like I felt many times) when you did not read the new week's update. But realize that you are blessed to recieve this anyway, or go find some cheap, wishy washy horoscope site that spams your mailboxes and speaks in general.

I love you Dena! I love your work and I will always. Please please please do not let these people take away what some of us so cherish and appreciate out of the bottoms of our hearts.
Much love and blessings to you.

From a dear, loving friend and admirer.

Wendy from Knysna - South Africa

Dena L. Moore said...

Sue - thank you so much, you have a kind heart and a great sense of humor. You do win the Kewpie! I have created it's chart and put up a Kewpie natal reading for you! lol I found some pictures but there were all copyrighted so I didn't mess with that. Thanks again!


Wendy, thank you for sticking up for me and voicing your thoughts and opinions. I am always happy to hear from you and appreciate your support and kindness. Just to let you know, even if I do go to paid Karmic Scopes, you will still get them for free as I would offer a 'special' list for my regular customers and subscribers to sign up on to remain receiving them for free. What really has gotten to me are those who have never bought anything, never read anything else on the site or even visit other pages of the site, and then have the audacity to attack me for not doing the scopes occasionally. There have been some quite vicious ones! In a perfect world I would be fully financially supported and would not have to charge for anything (yes, even if I won the Lottery tomorrow, I would continue with my astro-work!) - but in the real world and the current world economy, it means that many (like myself) are struggling just to survive. It takes a lot of time and effort and money to keep everything going and when nothing comes in to support me and my family, eventually I will have to let go of many things on the site or maybe even the site and my work itself for a time (which will happen if I have to find other work!). I hope it will not come to that, as it has already for other readers I know! In the meantime, I am doing my best to keep it all going. Your words and the time you took to write them mean a lot to me.

With love and blessings thousandfold,

Dena

Anonymous said...

Yes you have readers all over the world Dena!
I am Karin from Sweden and I really think your work is wonderful.

Thank you
Karin

Anonymous said...

Hi Dena,

Me again. Thanks for another week of wonderful inspiration and insight. Just letting you know a couple of things being what I just said and fessing up to my inability for some bizarre reason to setting up an actual blog comment under my own identity... duh!! So I guess I'm anon but not as I'm still signing off Sue (and kewpie) from Brisbane Australia x

Anonymous said...

Dear One,

Please do not be disheartened,...by the unkindness of others. I have adored your work for many years,...both free & paid.
I also am recovering from an injury due to an auto accident,and
fully appreciate the drain it can be.Know that your work is a true gift and has touched others more than you know.
Love & Light,Svenka

Dena L. Moore said...

Thank you, Karin :)

Hi, Sue...no one has said anything about your Kewpie yet but it's still fun, isn't it? LOL Hope you are doing well...thank you!

Svenka, I am sorry to hear you have been injured in an auto accident too...mine is more or less considered permanent now and I will be in therapy for the rest of my life! I hope you will fully recover. Thanks also for your kind words. Blessings to you in love & light.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dena,

Crazy busy down here in Oz and just back from late rehearsals. Wanted to check my scopes due to a new (woo-hoo I think) love interest that is emerging but I haven't got his sign yet. Still know thyself is usually the best place to start so that'll do me. Kewpie and I endured a cold blustery day here today. Winter showed her face indeed!

Great to see some other comments on your blog given the volume of traffic you get to your site. Greetings all :o)

I'm temporarily defeated (or just plain lazy)regarding logging in as me so I'm still anon... hehehehe.

Hope all is well in your world right now.

Blessings
Sue

Dena L. Moore said...

Hi, Sue...too bad we can't exchange a bit of the weather...send me some cooler temps and I can send you some steamy FL summer heat! I'd give anything to be in AU right now, lol...well, just about, at least :D Good luck with the potential new love interest! Poor Kewpie, keep her bundled up well, lol

Blessings to you and yours,

Dena